Often the educational sector is considered slow in adopting changes. But it is not the case when it comes to new technologies. It continues to incorporate cutting-edge innovation to solve existing issues and make the learning process more efficient and engaging. In this article, we’ll cover the latest development in AI and their influence on education.
Table of Contents
- The State of AI
- Impact of AI on Different Educational Sectors
- Benefits of AI in Education
- In Summary
Artificial Intelligence has been all over the news for quite some time. But it has gained even more attention since the release of ChatGPT. Although it is not the only solution out there, it is quite convenient and entertaining. No wonder a lot of people wanted to try it right away.
ChatGPT can perform complex tasks, analyze texts, do research, and produce texts. Because of that, some educators might find it concerning. Some students might be tempted to use ChatGPT to do their homework for them. Although such risk exists, it is preventable with more intricate assignments and software tools that analyze whether the text was written by a human. There are plenty of them, and professors can check the authenticity of writing in seconds.
Of course, this is not the best news for students that struggle with academic writing. However, there is a much better way to approach this problem. Professional academic writing services like Powerpoint Presentation Writing Services Online offer qualified assistance with all types of college assignments. Here students can collaborate with human experts that deliver writing, editing, and proofreading help. Specialists can tackle any topic or subject quickly and efficiently. They may polish your paper to excellence or do it for your according to your requirements.
They also provide guidance, which is a great learning opportunity. As a result, students get immediate and high-quality help. The papers are unique, authentic, and well-written. And they are not going to show as computer-generated.
Overall, AI is already a part of the learning process in several ways. It revolutionizes almost any industry, and education is no exception. Here are some key statistics to understand the level of penetration of AI in the modern world:
- According to Statista, the global AI market grew from $95,602 billion in 2021 to $207,902 billion in 2023. It is forecasted to reach almost $2 trillion by 2030;
- One-third of organizations worldwide are already using AI in their business;
- Just in 5 years, the number of companies using AI grew by 300%;
- About 77% of devices people use today already have AI in-built in some form.
As data shows, AI is already pretty common in learning. It can be featured on a student gadget or in a custom grading system – the possibilities are huge.
According to the HolonIQ study on Artificial Intelligence in education, the latest developments show a high interest in new technology. The majority of organizations have embedded or are planning to adopt analytical solutions (ML and NLP) along with voice and vision processing.
The penetration and influence of these technologies vary based on the sector. Namely, the highest impact is on the test and assessment sector. The next one is language learning, corporate training, upskilling, and higher education.
This has to do with the learning process and methods used in it. For example, the usage of AI-based training solutions is happening in higher education. Pilots get VR training to work on advanced skills in a safe and comfortable environment. Also, similar in principle, VR systems are used for future healthcare professionals like surgeons.
In this regard, AI makes studying easier and more practical. Such programs can provide an objective perspective on performance. They also can adjust the curriculum and the session to students’ needs and knowledge gaps.
Another good example is Duolingo – a language-learning app. It uses Artificial Intelligence to personalize the learning experience. There is an adaptive placement test and personalized program. This makes exercises more engaging and entertaining. Also, it caters to the particular difficulties or needs a student might have.
According to the Global Market Insights report, the market size of AI in education is about $4 billion (2022). As for particular applications used, there are:
- Learning platforms and virtual facilitators;
- Intelligent tutoring systems;
- Smart content;
- Fraud and risk management solutions, etc.
Also Read: Importance of Technology in Architecture
This technology has immense potential when it comes to enhancing the educational process and experience of all parties involved. Not only does it make students’ lives easier, but it is also very helpful for teachers. It can take over a lot of routine and administrative tasks to give professionals more time and space to focus on the core of their careers.
The advantages of Artificial Intelligence come from the ways it can be applied to solve specific issues. The most important ones are:
- Personalized learning. Whether it is a smartphone application or a school system, it is incredibly beneficial to have a more personalized experience. No learner is the same, and everyone processes information differently. Based on Machine Learning, such solutions can adapt to students’ progress and performance.
- Automation. This technology can automate a huge number of tasks, from grading tests and checking homework to creating reports and managing smart classrooms.
- Creation of smart content. AI and ML together offer the opportunity for educators to create unique and exciting content. It can come in the form of data visualization, the creation of digital lessons, or the provision of generated video materials.
- Accessibility of resources. Innovative solutions can automatically translate huge piles of text. For example, if students need to read an article and it only exists in German, they can use Google Translator or ChatGPT to get a comprehensive translation. Of course, it won’t be perfect, but it will be sufficient for understanding the key points.
Besides that, this technology can be used to increase campus safety, help with assignments, or prepare content based on one’s learning difficulties.
However, there is a discussion about the risks that come with solutions like ChatGPT, but the benefits are more prominent. And the risks can be avoided with a specific strategy in mind. At the same time, this solution can be extremely useful for educators as well to find content, do research, or even draft a lesson plan.
It is safe to say that AI’s implementation in education is only going to grow in the future. Innovative solutions allow for solving a lot of issues in the industry. They offer individualized learning and automation to make students’ and teachers’ lives easier.